Today, many people choose to buy a treadmill to exercise at home. However, what is the best treadmill for home use? It is not easy to choose the most suitable treadmill because it depends on a lot of factors. Let’s review some kinds of the treadmill which can be the best for your demand.
1. NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
NordicTrack provides good-quality treadmills at affordable prices. NordicTrack T Series Treadmills are some of the best home treadmills that users should consider. T series of NordicTrack was introduced in 2019 and quickly became a new household favorite. They have several key upgrades with advanced features.
Treadmills in the T series are considered smart, durable, and functional products. Different models in the series have different features. Each treadmill is designed with a powerful motor, a screen to display important stats. Moreover, it has a FlexSelect cushion and a high-quality tread belt.
- Minimal noise is generated
- Some models in the series have HD touchscreens
- New workouts are updated every day
- When buying a product of T series treadmill, customers will be offered free iFit Membership
- Workout with interactive training
- Poor quality speakers in some models
- Some models have small-sized displays
2. NordicTrack Commercial Series Treadmill
NordicTrack Commercial Series Treadmill is also a famous series of NordicTrack. Each model of this commercial series has different features that attract a lot of users. In general, treadmills of this series are designed in sporty style. Moreover, it has useful features such as listening to music or watching movies while running.
- Running surface is large
- On/off cushioning
- High speed of running
- Wireless heart rate monitoring
- Different workouts to choose from which are frequently updated
- The treadmill is quite heavy, which makes it difficult to move
- Because of the large customer base, it will be slow to receive support from the manufacturer
3. LifeSpan Fitness LifeSpan TR3000i Touch Folding Treadmill
The LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i is one of the best choices of users who want to own a heavy-duty treadmill. The treadmill is designed with a heart monitor program. It allows users to keep their heart rate constant during exercising. Therefore, this product is suitable for those who would like to lose weight or practice for cardio workouts.
Using the LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i Touch Folding Treadmill, users can run up to 12 miles per hour. The most outstanding feature is the strong 2.75 CHP motor and incline ability from 0 to a 15% grade. The 1-inch thick desk and 8 shock absorbers make it safe for people who work out from the beginning. The LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i is one of the best home treadmills of LifeSpan for home use.
- High speed (up to 12 MPH)
- With EZ fold technology, it can be easily folded
- Various choices of workouts every day
- Compact footprint
- Effective heart rate monitoring
- Handlebars help control the speed and incline easily
- Not a suitable choice for tall users
- The handrails are quite short
4. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill is a lower-end model of the treadmill market. However, this treadmill still has good quality, is functional, and is highly rated by many users. It has a manual incline system and can reach a speed of up to 10 miles per hour. The XTERRA TR150 is smaller than a commercial treadmill. However, its length is still 63.4 inch and its width is 18.75 inches with about 49kg weight.
Image – XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
Like other folding treadmills, the XTERRA TR150 can be folded easily with a folding design. If your room is not quite large, this is a suitable choice. However, it is a bit shorter for those who are taller than 183cm. However, the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill is still one of the best treadmills 2020 whose price is lower than $3000.
- Transport wheels
- Low power consumption
- Users can find suitable space for their workout through speed adjustment increments of 0.1 MPH
- Include table holder
- 12 workout programs are preset
- Easy to assemble
- No goal function
- Not suitable for heavier runners
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Treadmill
If you are looking for the best treadmill for home, Sunny Health & Fitness is one of the good choices. With a small design, this treadmill is suitable for a small room and can save a lot of space for your house. Its speed is up to 9 MHP with three incline rates (0%, 2%, and 4.37%). There are 9 various workout programs for you to choose from every day.
Image – Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Treadmill
Moreover, thanks to the folding mechanism, the Sunny Health & Fitness is easy to be folded and unfolded safely. When folded, it is only 62” × 27”, which is an ideal size for limited workout space.
- Can be folded easily and quietly
- Easy adjustment thanks to Handrail controls
- Include tablet holder
- Integrated smartphone
- Saving power coming with safety lock
- Not many accessories for some of users
- Require incline manual setting
6. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
Like other folding treadmills, Merax Electronic can be folded vertically for compact storage. Besides, with transportation wheels, you can easily move it around your house. The Merax Electronic Folding Treadmill is designed with a multi-functional LCD screen. This screen provides necessary stats such as speed, distance, time, even calories burned while working out.
Image – Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
The treadmill is 1.5 HP with two buttons for instant start/ stop. Moreover, it has 12 workout programs equipped and supported from 0.5-7.5 MPH. That’s not all. Thanks to a non-slip feature, it is safe for everyone to use.
- Foldable and safe
- Easy and convenient for storage
- Smooth speed transition
- Include 12 workouts programs
- Affordable price
- Strong and quiet motor
- Not support playing music
- Fewer colors to choose from
7. Horizon T101 Go Series Treadmills
If you are a music lover, Horizon T101 is your best choice. Running or jogging while listening to music is really a good experience right at your home. The treadmill of Horizon Fitness provides audio input jack and Bluetooth audio at a reasonable price. The T101 has a quiet 2.5 CHP motor, speeds up to 10 miles per hour, and inclines from 0 to 10%. Moreover, there are up to 30 programs for you to choose from every day.
- USB charging port provided and speakers available for music listening
- Easy folding with the FeatherLight Folding
- Extra comfort with the cooling fan
- Cushioning makes it comfortable when exercising
- Lifetime warranty
- Product weight is relatively low
- Small LCD screen
8. Nautilus Treadmill Series
Nautilus is one of the famous fitness equipment producers in the world. Their treadmills are mostly high-end and highly rated, including the Sports Series and the Pros Series. The models of the Nautilus Treadmill Series come with around 3.0 HP motor. They can hold users from 300 pounds, some models can even carry up to 400-pounds people.
Image – Nautilus Treadmill Series
Moreover, Nautilus Treadmills have advanced cushioning, Bluetooth data syncing, and about 5-year warranty. The average speed of this line’s treadmills ranges from 0-12 mph, 0-15% incline. There are up to 26 programs on each treadmill.
- Equipped with tower rack and water bottle holder
- The capacity of users weight is up to 400 pounds
- Many programs to choose from
- Have shelf to hold tablet/ phone
- USB charging port
- Low motor warranty
- Some models have too heavy machine weight
9. MaxKare Folding Treadmill
MaxKare Folding is one of the best home treadmills for those who want to optimize their home workout space. It is quite small and can be folded for easy storage. According to consumer reports treadmill, the MaxKare Folding comes with an affordable price but great performance.
Image : MaxKare Folding Treadmill
The treadmill’s maximum speed is 8.5 miles per hour, suitable for walking, steady runs, and jogging. The tread belt’s width is 17 inches, which is not very large but suitable for an average individual. The motor is 2.0 HP and user weight capacity is 220lb.
- Variable incline option with three levels
- Quiet operation
- Reliable anti-shock system
- Easy to assemble
- Foldable for easy storage
- Cannot carry heavy people
- Running speed is not very high
10. ProForm SMART Pro 2000 Treadmills
ProForm SmartPro 2000 is one of the three best treadmills in 2020. It has been updated with many new features and designs such as a full-color 7 inch HD screen. ProShox technology helps users feel comfortable during working out. The ProForm SmartPro 2000’s incline range is very impressive (-3% – 15%).
With the maximum speed of 12 mph and the 3.5 CHP motor, you can run longer with smooth steps. Moreover, the treadmill is designed with up to 50 on-board programs which bring you various options. This is a good choice if you are searching for a treadmill in the Pro Series line.
- Secure tablet holder
- 7 inch HD touchscreen with iFIT programs
- Equipped fans and speakers
- Impressive incline/ decline range
- Strong and solid machine
- Various choices of programs
- The screen is still quite small
- A bit noisy fans
11. Best Compact Treadmill: ProForm 505 CST
ProForm 505 CST is a good choice if you are looking for a budget treadmill for home use. It may not have a powerful motor which makes it suitable for professional users. But it can be the best choice for normal people who want to work out right at home every day. Being considered as the best compact treadmill, ProForm 505 CST has a maximum user weight capacity of around 325 pounds.
Image – Best Compact Treadmill: ProForm 505 CST
The treadmill comes with a 2.5 HP motor with a maximum speed of 10 mph. The best feature which is preferred by many users is the touchscreen control panel. Users can easily control the simple interface by the touch screen. Besides, people can manage their daily workout process by workout data and other analytics.
- Large LCD screen
- Easy to change levels of workout
- EKG heart rate monitor
- 18 workout programs
- Compact and easy to move
- Limited warranty
- Not suitable for professionals or athletes
12. NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmills
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 is a high-rated treadmill of the NordicTrack Commercial Series. This treadmill is suitable for most people, from walkers, joggers, and runners. With iFit Coach, your daily workouts become more interesting with virtual runs across the globe. Besides, the treadmill is equipped with a thick running belt, foldable storage option, and impressive display.
Incline range from -3-15%, maximum speed around 12 mph and 50 programs provided are impressive features of this machine. The machine also helps monitor your heart rate with a wireless heart rate monitoring system. It also has cooling fans, speakers, and accessory tray to bring the most relaxing moment for users.
- Powerful motor (3.75 CHP motor)
- 10 inch HD touchscreen
- WhisperQuiet deck
- On/off cushioning
- Have SpaceSaver frame and have wheels
- Bluetooth for audio and monitoring heart rate
- The machine is quite heavy, so it is hard to move
- Slow support due to large customer base
13. NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmills
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 attracts users by its 10 inch DH display. It also has a lot of impressive features such as a 4.0 CHP motor and incline range from -5-15%. This treadmill comes with a maximum speed of 12 mph and up to 40 programs of workouts. Like other commercial treadmills, the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has high user weight capacity (around 300 lbs).
- Large running surface
- Various choices of incline and decline
- Cooling fans, music speakers equipped
- SpaceSaver design (foldable)
- Shelf for mobile phones or tablets
- 14-inch touchscreen with web browsers
- Quite heavy to move
- Heart rate chest strap is not included in the machine when purchasing
14. NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmills
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is considered the most high-end product of the NordicTrack Commercial line. It comes with a 4.25 CHP motor, Runners Flex Cushioning, and a 22 inch HD touchscreen. This treadmill has a maximum speed of 12 mph, incline range from -3-15%, and 40 programs provided. Also, the WhisperQuiet deck helps users feel comfortable when working out.
Furthermore, with the iFit Google Maps route, you can feel like traveling all over the world right at your home. The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is considered as a suitable premium treadmill for any workout intensity.
- EasyLift Assist design
- Powerful motor
- 40 workout programs provided
- Wide exercise surface (22″ x 60″)
- The tread belt is designed in good-sized
- Heart rate monitoring program
- Difficult to assemble
- No USB port
15. NordicTrack Commercial X32i
NordicTrack Commercial X32i is in the list of the best treadmills for home use in 2020. It is also a suitable treadmill for professionals and athletes who do not have budget constraints. This product has the ideal 32-inch touchscreen, high-quality frame, and up to +40 degree incline.
Image – NordicTrack Commercial X32i
Moreover, it is integrated with iFit and has a maximum speed of 12 miles per hour. The treadmill is manufactured with reinforced steel, so it is not foldable. However, it is sturdy, stable, solid, and attracted with a sleek design.
- Quiet when being used
- Bluetooth Audio input
- Chest strap included
- Equipped with balanced rollers
- Self-cooling mechanisms help the machine not getting overheated
- Special reflex cushioning helps you feel like running in real road
- Users can not fold the treadmill up, so you need a dedicated space for the product
- Not sync with wireless headphones
16. NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmills
The main difference between the T 6.5 Si with the T 6.5 S is the size of the screen. The T6.5 Si has a bigger screen (10 inches full-color HD touchscreen) while T6.5 S has a 5 inch LCD screen. The NordicTrack T 6.5 Si is quite compact and easy to move. The treadmill of NordicTrack is suitable for those who want to have high-end technology on a compact machine.
- Eye-catching and large touchscreen
- Has 1-year iFit membership
- 4-inch non-slip side rails
- User capacity of 300 lb
- The maximum speed of 10 mph, which is suitable for most people
- LexSelect cushioning
- No cooling fans
- Not suitable for professionals or athletes who are looking for intense training
17. Sole F63 Treadmills
Sole F63 Treadmill is one of the favorite treadmills of Sole. It is suitable for walkers and joggers. Like other products of Sole, the F63’s weight is light (254lbs) but has a user capacity of 325lb. It is quite compact, foldable and can be rolled for easy storage. Although it is quite small, the treadmill is built on a solid steel frame and comes with 3.0 HP, DC Motor.
Image – Sole F63 Treadmills
- Sturdy frame with long deck
- No need of WiFi for running, users just need to plug in and work out
- The heart chest strap is included with the heart rate program. It helps users monitor their daily workout and health effectively
- Bluetooth capacity
- Has only 10 workout programs
- Not suitable for heavy training
18. Sole F80 Treadmills
Sole F80 Treadmill has a lot of features that are highly rated by users. It has a powerful motor (3.5 CHP), a 9-inch LCD, 22″X60″ running surface, 10 pre-set programs, and Bluetooth connectivity. With the 22″X60″ running surface, Sole F80 becomes the widest in the series of Sole. It is designed for a home-gym model, suitable for most runners from beginners to those following serious fitness programs.
Sole F80 Treadmill cannot be assembled easily. Users need to follow each step from the treadmill buying guide or ask for 3-4 people to help. The treadmill can be folded and unfolded easily with hydraulic technology. With the built-in speakers and MP3 port, it is also a good choice for people who love music.
- Suitable for most people, from beginners to serious runners
- Less noisy when operating, has Quiet Cushion Flex Whisper Deck
- Large 9’’ LCD screen
- Increase durability thanks to its heavy steel frame
- Maximum user weight capacity of 575 lbs
- Not many workout programs
- Too heavy to be portable
19. Sole F85 Treadmills
From the F80, the Sole F85 treadmill is updated with a more powerful motor, bigger screen, and other impressive features. It includes locks into each position to keep it safe from the children. Users can see their workout progress through a 10-inch screen. It can also display the stats, show workout programs, and save practicing data.
Sole F85 treadmill is also the biggest one of the Sole which owns a 22” x 60” tread track. Furthermore, the Sole F85 has enough necessary equipment for a casual user at home. It includes an accessory tray, cooling fans, tablet holder, USB charging port, and audio speakers.
- Can hold heavy users or professional runners
- Include wireless heart rate monitoring system
- The parts and electronics of the treadmill are guaranteed long warranty
- Up to 30 levels of incline
- It owns a 4.0 CHP motor, which is the most powerful motor that Sole provides
- Equipped with hydraulic assist for easily foldable
- Short side rails
- Not many workout programs
20. Horizon T101 Treadmills
With Horizon T101 Treadmill, you can listen to music while working out. It includes speakers with MP3 compatibility and an audio adapter cable. The cooling fan is equipped to keep you cool and feel comfortable during the exercising process. It features a 2.5 CHP motor that is suitable for normal training.
- Folding mechanism
- Has built-in speakers, cooling fans, tablet holder
- Easy to use
- The QuietMotor helps reduce noise while working out
- Has a solid frame which keeps the treadmill balanced during the exercising process
- Not suitable for serious runners
- Maximum user capacity is low
- Limited programs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the best treadmill to buy for home use?
Today, fitness manufacturers have produced various types of treadmills for users to choose from. However, it becomes difficult when choosing the most suitable one for home use. So, you need to consider many different factors before purchasing a treadmill. The information like price tag, capacity, outstanding features need to be considered carefully.
For example, if you are looking for a high-end product, you should choose the treadmills of NordicTrack. If you want to exercise at home and have a moderate space, ProForm 505 CST is a suitable choice.
- What is the best folding treadmill for home use?
A folding treadmill is convenient for those who would like to save space. Today, a lot of folding treadmills are produced to meet the needs of users. With high technology, users can easily fold or unfold the treadmill without any difficulties. There are various options for you to choose from. You can consider XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill, Merax Electric, MaxKare, the NordicTrack line, and so on.
- What is the best home treadmill for running?
A treadmill for running needs to be equipped with higher standards than a walking treadmill. It requires the maximum speed of up to 12 mph, a powerful motor, and good deck cushioning. Customers should consider the necessary information and features before choosing a treadmill for running. As experts’ suggestions, you should refer to some names such as the Sole F80, LifeSpan TR5500i, or Horizon 7.4AT.
- Who makes the best treadmill for home use?
Apart from important features like motor, incline, speed, the brand is also an important factor to consider. With the treadmill buying guide and consumer reports treadmill, you can find it easier in choosing a reputable brand. Today, there are various brand names that you can choose from. Some famous names such as NordicTrack, Sole, ProForm are the first choices of many users from beginners to professional runners.
Apart from working out in the gym, a lot of people choose to buy a treadmill to exercise at home. A good treadmill will help you have a good shape and good health. However, a lot of brand new treadmills are produced every day. So, it is not easy to choose the best treadmill for home use. Users should search for information on the internet or other sources to have a good choice for yourself.